Felda oh Felda.Dulu dah heboh dikatakan pasal Felda Malaysia Bankrap akibat salah urus tadbir. Sampai menjadi isu hangat dalam masyarakat dan di parlimen. Dan sekarang, timbul pula cerita mengenai Felda akan berdepan dengan risiko besar sekiranya Barisan Nasional kalah. Berikut di bawah adalah petikan ucapan dalam bahasa inggeris dari Pengerusi Felda, Tan Sri Dr. Mohd. Yusof Nor.
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 9 – There is no guarantee that Felda or its poverty eradication goals will survive a change of government, its chairman Tan Sri Mohd Yusof Noor warned today.
The warning on the back of claims by Pakatan Rakyat (PR) lawmakers that the agency’s cash has dwindled and used for activities incompatible with its aims.
“If the existing structure is revised, the survival of those supported by Felda cannot be guaranteed,” he told reporters after meeting some 700 settlers at Balai Felda here.
While existing settlers were no longer poor and landless as before, Felda had to keep to its “continuous agenda” to find ways to help the next generation, Yusof explained.
“If the father is no longer poor, we don’t want his child to become poor,” he said, pointing out that Felda now had to compete with countries boasting more land, better soil and cheaper labour.
Yusof blamed “certain parties” for using the agency’s settlers to further political ambitions come election time, warning that such short-term concerns could threaten the well-being of settlers.
“They (the parties) may have a five-year agenda… This five-year agenda is an election agenda.
“They hope to influence a group (of settlers) in order to reap the benefits for the next five years,” he said, in an apparent reference to PR.
Yusof stressed that both Felda and the federal government, in contrast, made long-term plans with the settlers’ best interest at heart, without regard for the general election that came around once in five years.
PR parties like PAS have taken advantage of the unhappiness in Felda settlements and have been campaigning in recent months to rally settlers, traditionally Barisan Nasional (BN) voters, to the opposition’s side.
Yusof, however, said that only 10 per cent of Felda settlers had been influenced by these parties, with the remaining 90 per cent unaffected.
He argued that the small number of settlers who bought into the “five-year agenda” was proof that Felda was not in dire straits.
“Felda is 54-years-old… If Felda had been mismanaged, Felda would not have survived.
“These 54 years we owe to good administration, and we are formulating ways to ensure that survive at least another 50 years, if not 1,000 years,” he added.
Dalam ucapan ini, jelas ianya berbaur politik. Secara amnya di sini, Felda hendaklah tidak dipolitikkan oleh mana-mana pihak sekalipun. Termasuklah Yusof Nor sendiri selaku Pengerusi FELDA. Pernyataan tentang masa depan Felda dalam bahaya sekiranya Barisan Nasional tidak memerintah, adalah tidak “bijak”.
Tidak perlulah dikaitkan tentang hal politik, untuk dibawa ke dalam pengurusan. Ayat Pengerusi Felda ini tidak lebih dan tidak kurang, mengiyakan kata-kata mengenai “tangan-tangan” politik yang mempengaruhi perjalanan Felda itu sendiri.
Pengurusan perlukan Integriti. Amanah yang telah diberikan rakyat perlulah dijaga dengan penuh rasa tanggungjawab.